College/Career Ready Seniors July 28th 9a.m. to 3p.m.
Seniors July 29th 9a.m. to 3p.m.
Juniors July 30th 9a.m. to 3p.m.
Sophomores July 31st 9a.m. to 3p.m.
Freshman August 4th 5 to 7 p.m. Open House
Parking Permits are $15.00 and require parent signature if student driver is under 18, proof of insurance, driverís license, and license. All outstanding fees will need to be paid prior to applying for a parking permit.
Freshman Orientation will be held August 4th from 5:00pm-7:00pm.
- September 13th--Registration Deadline August 8th
- October 25th--Registration Deadline September 19th
- December 13th--Registration Deadline November 7th
- February 7th--Registration Deadline January 9th
- April 18th--Registration Deadline March 13th
- June 13th--Registration Deadline May 8th
KHEAA Promote Your School Essay Contest
Juniors!!!! A $500 scholarship essay contest through the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority is available. It is the Promote Your School essay contest. Deadline is September 15. For more information, visit www.kheaa.com.
University Of Kentucky
There are some important changes in the admission process starting with the Class of 2015. A copy of these updates which encompass the application tracks and all important deadlines can be found on the UK website at UK Admission Updates. Here are some of the highlights:
- UK is adding an early action track
- December 1 is the new deadline for competitive academic scholarships, competitive diversity scholarships, the Honors Program, and early action admissions
- We’ve also added an early action track to apply for housing and living learning programs with a deadline of February 15
- We will have an enrollment deposit that will be due by May 1 (more details will be available on this in the fall)
If students choose to apply through the early action track, they will hear decisions about scholarship and housing much earlier in the process allowing them to have more information to make the best decision possible in their college process. For more information, visit http://www.uky.edu/Admission/freshmen.
Southwestern High School AGAIN EARN “DISTINGUISHED”
Ranked # 14 out of 230 High Schools in Kentucky
Round two of the completely redesigned state assessment system finds SWHS continuing to make their mark statewide. After an impressive top 10% ranking last year, SWHS moves from Top 25 to Top 15 out of the 230 high schools in the state of Kentucky. SWHS is currently ranked # 14 in the state according to this week’s release of Kentucky’s assessment scores. This has earned Southwestern a distinguished designation, the highest level under Kentucky’s Unbridled Learning system.
This does not happen by accident—it takes hard work, dedication, and perseverance by every member of the student body, parent body, faculty, and staff. Congratulations, SWHS! We are extremely proud and looking forward to working on the 3-peat!